Monday, March 12, 2012

Springtime in the Southland


With winter at its end and spring just around the corner, I thought I'd introduce y'all to a little slice of heaven that makes Texas the Promised Land and a sportman's paradise. The Hill Country is west of San Antonio and you can get there by taking Interstate 10, Highway 90 or various other state two-laners, which is my personal favorite way because it allows a slower pace and plenty of stops to admire the scenery and smell the proverbial roses. Please enjoy the pictures!


   The Westcave Preserve in southwest Travis County 


    Hill Country, Texas after a spring shower 

     Hill Country, Texas 

    Ennis, Texas


Finally, I couldn't help myself. I just had to put in a picture of BBQin' Texas-style. When the wind's just right, you'll catch a whiff of the heavenly delight of smokin' meat. If you're visiting the Hill Country, this is definitely one place to stop and lick your chops!


The Salt Lick
18001 Farm-to-Market 1826
Driftwood, TX  78619
(512) 858-4959

Web Site: The Salt Lick
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment